Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Setting Up My Hecate Altar/Shrine

Yesterday I decided that it was about time to set up my Hecate shrine/altar. I have a small table and so I decided to use that to create it. I believe that it’s important to have a shrine/altar to her so that you can give her offerings, meditate, and burn candles. Most rituals to Hecate are done at the shrine/altar. This includes spellwork as well. My statue of Hecate will go on here as well, when I’m doing any kind of devotional work or ritual.

I got two long, black, candles and placed them in candle holders. I will be burning them when I do my daily devotions which includes offerings and prayers. I’m going to be doing this everyday and once those candles have burned down then I’ll move to my dragons blood pillars that I’m getting. I’m buying one on the first and then one later on in the month, along with holders for both of them (one will be with the first order and the other will be with the second order).

I put my black candle that has a Hecate candle label on it, on the shrine/altar, and the oracle and Tarot cards that I’m using. I also put a key that was part of a necklace, but broke. I really like how my altar/shrine turned out and I’m looking forward to using it daily. Personally I believe that those that do honor this goddess should have ‘something’ that marks a space for Hecate. I know that there are people that still live at home with their parents that can’t have a shrine/altar and that’s just sad.

As for me I believe having this shrine/altar set up is a good first step. In the future I will do a blog post about how to have a pocket shrine to Hecate.

No comments:

Post a Comment