Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Beginning of Spring

So today marks the beginning of spring. Finally the winter is over and all this new growth and new beginnings can actually begin. Of course the weather has been freaky and I could just feel the energy as Persephone makes her plans to pack her bags and get back home to mother. For many that practice Wicca, which I don’t, it’s Ostara. Ostara is the second of the three spring festivals and it’s a time of waking up and feeling things starting again.

Hecate plays a role in this. She guides Persephone home to her mother, out of the underworld, so that growth can begin. She is also the only one, of two gods, that saw Hades taking Persephone, or Kore, away. So Hecate plays a important role during this time. My ritual to Hecate, as well as Persephone and Demeter (can’t have her without the others) will be simple. I’m going to do a simple ritual, hopefully outside, and give libations to these three goddess and leave an offering to the animals.

I have to be very careful about what I leave out. I don’t want the animals to die just because I made a mistake and gave them something poisonous. I hope that you all have a good one and may whatever spring plans that you have happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment